Government Admissions 2023/2024: St. Gracious S.S the best in Lango
The recently released government admissions to public universities for the academic year 2023/2024 has come with no surprises at all, at least in Lango sub-region. For the last 3 years, private schools have continued to outcompete other schools when it comes to UACE exams. Consequently, the private schools also dominate government admissions in Lango subregion, especially National Merit.
Our analysis of the government admission lists (national merit) shows that St. Gracious Secondary School Lira has got more than 10 students admitted for this prestigious government scholarships. The government sponsors 4,000 students to study undergraduate degrees at public universities. Out of these, 3,000 are admitted under national merit scheme, and remain 1,000 are admitted under district quota.
Below are some of the former students of St. Gracious Secondary School Lira who have been admitted under national merit scheme.
- Oyuru Edina Patricia – BSc. in Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Akello Treasure Cindy – BSc. with Education (Biological)
- Akello Ritah Lucky – BSc. in Human Nutrition
- Ayoto Gloria Mercy – Bachelor of Animal Production & Management
- Oturi Emmanuel – BSc. Nursing
- Lakisa Philipa Jedidah – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Adiyo Nancy – BSc. Education
- Angole Sharif Abubakar – BSc. in Computer Science
- Adur Marion – BSc. with Education (Biological)
- Acai Gerald – BSc. in Agriculture
Mbarara University of Science & Technology (MUST)
- Akena Johua – Bachelor Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Ocen Ivan – BSc. Education (Biological)
- Dungu Noel Joel – BSc. in Food Bioscience & Agribusiness
- Obua Oscar Innocent – BSc. in Food Bioscience & Agribusiness
15. Apili Naume Mercy – Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Home Economics with Education
16. Asianzu Mercy – Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Home Economics with Education
*Note: The list will be updated.